The thresholds for eligibility are:
- age 65 for performers, stage managers, directors, fight directors and choreographers
- age 55 for opera singers
- age 45 for ballet dancers
There are a few important things to know about dues remission.
- Dues remission is not automatic - you must apply for it.
- You must be a regular member in good standing at the time of application, and have at least ten prior years of regular membership in good standing.
- Dues remission affects basic (annual dues) only - working dues are still payable.
- Dues remission is not mandatory – many members have elected to continue to pay basic dues in support of their Association.
- Dues remission does not affect membership rights or obligations, nor RRSP or insurance coverage.